St. Patrick's Cathedral
Built in honour of Ireland’s patron saint, Saint Patrick’s Cathedral stands adjacent to the famous well where tradition has it Saint Patrick baptised converts on his visit to Dublin.
The parish church of Saint Patrick on this site was granted collegiate status in 1191, and raised to cathedral status in 1224. The present building dates from 1220. The Cathedral is today the National Cathedral of the Church of Ireland (a church of the Anglican communion) and also serves as a popular tourist attraction in Ireland.
Today the Cathedral is open to all people as an architectural and historical site, but principally as a place of worship.
The Cathedral is located at the junction of Patrick Street and Upper Kevin Street. It is easily accessible by foot from the centre of the city.